Mission: The Director serves as the educational leader, responsible for managing school policies, regulations, and procedures to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe learning environment that meets the approved curricula and mission of the school.
Position Requirement: Full-Time
Reports To: ECA Board of Trustees
General Description: Achieving academic excellence requires that the Director works collaboratively to direct and nurture all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents. Many responsibilities may require oversight and collaboration more than direct task completion. As such the purpose of the Director is to:
- Plan, implement, and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant, and differentiated curriculum for students.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of all staff and students.
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Lead the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for spiritual, personal, and academic growth.
- Maintain competence in current issues such as curriculum and school administration; including collaboration with other ACSI School Directors, ACSI Europe, and other relevant organizations and schools.
Personally, the employee’s life shall reflect:
- A clear testimony as a follower of Jesus Christ.
- A lifestyle of biblical integrity.
- A spirit of dedication, commitment, flexibility, responsiveness and compassion.
- The ability to listen and respond to authority and wise counsel.
- The ability to build a team and develop consensus.
- A growth mindset with the ability to cast vision and lead confidently.
- The commitment to be a lifelong learner.
- An understanding of missionary kids and third culture kids.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to remain positive and enthusiastic when working under pressure.
Professionally, the employee shall demonstrate or hold:
- An understanding and support of the vision, mission, core values, and philosophy of ECA.
- The ability to abide and live by the ECA Staff Code of Conduct.
- Education and experience: Masters degree in Education and/or School Administration (have completed, currently working towards, or willing to begin such a degree).
- ACSI certification requirements for the position (or work towards them).
- Leadership experience in an educational setting, including two to three years of administration/teaching
- Completion of at least 30 credits of Bible
- The ability to communicate in Spanish, both orally and in writing or pursuing the study of the Spanish language.
Interested candidates should contact the Director Search Committee (DSC) to request additional information about the position of director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete and submit this application for the Director of ECA. This must include all requested references and transcripts